11.8.08

Okay. I've recently noticed that my postings on the blog have been quite serious and introspective, save for my witty comment about the poop-on-the-loop in the Athens post. Therefore, as I was sitting in session today and deeply taking in the teaching of Jerry Rankin, my mind started to wander to funnier aspects of my time thus far at "The Farm." Here we go. 

1. Waking up.
I am not a morning person. I found this out freshman year of college when I signed up for a bunch of 8 ams, not understanding that the late night outings to Walmart and Taco Bell were going to quickly hinder my productivity, as well as my ability to pull myself out of the bed every morning. Throughout college, as I realized that I would never go to class before 10, I grew to love sleep. My good friends know all about the difficulties entailed in trying to wake me up; they also have a fond love for my earplugs, my pumpkin shirt, and my oh-so-pleasant demeanor as I wake up from a nap. 

Here's the kicker: I am not going to sleep during these 2 months in Virginia. This realization came as I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning and didn't manage to get out of the bed until five til 7. Needless to say, I didn't get everything done today that I needed to do. I did take a nap, and then Susan yelled at me for being grumpy afterwards. I still have a ton to do, and now I'm blogging. Great. 

2. Allergies. 
I'm allergic to the state of Virginia. It's true. I have never really had huge problems with allergies, but ever since moving here, my eyes and nose hate me. I sneeze about three dozen times from when I wake up (the crack of dawn) to when I sit down for the first session. My eyes are watering so much that people must think I am crying all the time. Basically, I'm in a pickle because I don't want to admit that I have allergies, and I don't feel like going to buy medication for this "non-existent" ailment of mine. Alas, I'm going to have to face Virginia head on. I refuse to go down without a fight. 

3. Kids 
So, I love kids. Being here is such a blessing because there are so many great families with cute kids around. Tonight, however, was the first night I actually got to play with them. Why, you ask? Let me tell you: The powers that be have put the fear of God into us when it comes to hangin' wit the chillun. Because there are so many problems with sexual abuse, we have to be really careful about how we conduct ourselves around children. Listen folks, I understand, I really do. Let me just say this: I am not a sexual predator. I just want to love on the kids, I promise. If you need a background check before I give your child a hug, I will gladly consent. 

4. Love is in the air 
The myth is true, folks. Journeyman love starts at the ILC. I've heard the stories, but had never seen it in action until now. People fall fast. God is working quickly. As Danielle says, the Lord has only 8 weeks to prepare hearts before they leave one another for 2 years. I've been privy to some budding relationships, so we'll see what happens. Don't drink the water. 

No comments:

.