17.8.08

Life here.

Hey friends. It's that time again: Profound thoughts from Sarah. Ha. 

Seriously, I am glad to be able to share this time with you. Please, please, please keep me posted on your lives. I absolutely need to know what is going on with y'all. My heart is torn between people I love at home and new friends here. It's strange trying to balance the past and the present, new friends, and old. I mean, I barely have time to talk to my parents, if that says anything. 

I thought I would give a bit more insight into what this time in my life is looking like. Two weeks have passed, and I am thoroughly overwhelmed. The Lord is good, though, and is teaching me so much about enjoying this time while also seeking after Him. Some friends and I went to Starbucks tonight and did one of my favorite things in the world: Sharing life over a good cup of overpriced coffee. We started discussing how the Lord is moving during this time. Perhaps the most profound statement that has been said that we reflected on is that God doesn't call us to safety, success, or anything like that; He calls us first and foremost to Himself. How wonderful that the Father says "Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters...." 

Yesterday was a good time of rest. I was able to do some productive things as well as hang out with friends. The ESL class that I was supposed to take was cancelled, so I got to do some reading, praying, and fellowshipping. The same happened today. How amazing that I am part of such community that really stresses Body Life. Our house church this morning was great, as was the cultural worship we had tonight. I got to take off my shoes for an hour-and-a-half and listen to a bunch of languages I had never heard. Glory to God that he understood what I was singing to Him in an Asian language, even though I had no idea what I was saying.

I have met some pretty awesome folks here. The Lord has answered prayer in knitting hearts together, even for such a short time. I told Mitch and Jeshica how cool it is that we have this bond. I know that the next time I see these people, we can just pick up where we left off. We've had a blast playing volleyball, going for walks, "jammin,'" and going to The Cheesecake Factory (!). Man, I love that place. The Journeyman also got to go to Elbert's house the other night for a "mixer" of sorts. Here's a fun fact: There are 77 girls here, and about 20 guys. That's right. So, someone decides to cram us into a pretty small living room to get to "know" each other. I say that in quotations because their idea of "knowing" one another seems increasingly sneaky. Let's just say that the pressure is on to eventually reproduce some MK's who will learn their respective language in a far off country and continue impacting the Kingdom. Praise the Lord if that happens. All I know is that right now, as much as "2+ring" or "career+ring" sound great, there is one thing that I need, and one thing that I desire more than ever, and His name is Jesus. 

To end on a less serious note: I am so happy that I don't have to start school tomorrow. So to all of you UGA folks reading this, I'm so sorry, but I do not envy you right now. Much love, and good luck on your first day of class. I get to learn about Church Planting Movements tomorrow. Yay!

1 comment:

cosas del mar said...

2 + ring= -focus

i love your single self!

.