10.8.08

It's time.

I've been meaning to blog for three or four days now. I get distracted easily now, however, what with people here hanging out and lots of reading to do. Thus, I have not had the time to just sit and be. I'm thankful for the newest thought that has been introduced to me: Redeeming the time. In other words, I must make the most of the time that the Lord has given me, in everything I do. This is applicable to life in the present moment, as well as to life on the field in Peru when I am surrounded by a waiting harvest. 

I've been at FPO (orientation) now for almost a week. The Lord has challenged me, blessed me, taught me, and loved on me during this week. It's strange to think that I only have seven more weeks to go. We are kicking things into high gear this week, with an emphasis on personal goals and spiritual warfare. 

It is so refreshing to be able to be with folks who have a like mind-set. Whether I meet everyone at training or not, I already feel so full of love that I am in the midst of His wonderful Saints here on earth. I am reminded of 1 John: I am able to love because He loves me first. Amen. The other day, we were given the opportunity to share with everyone what the Lord had taught us as individuals, and I was floored by the words said, encouragement and truth read, and honesty and transparency flowing through everyone. I think my eyes have seen and my heart is beginning to realize that as "called out missionaries," we are not perfect people. We all still struggle with things. The good news is that Jesus allows us to be more than conquerors. He is faithful, and He will do it. 

One more thing to share that has profoundly affected me: The reminder that the throne of God will (and already has) people from every tribe, tongue and nation worshipping around it. One morning in a session, a lady came and led us in a song in Mandarin; another lady read the Word in a Southeast Asian dialect, and a man prayed in an African heart language. It was so very powerful. As has been the case with me these past weeks, I just wept. It is so beautiful to think that my great God has and will continue to make His name known throughout all the earth. Once again, with or without us, our Lord is faithful, and He will do it.  

1 comment:

Mary said...

1 cor 16:15... I encourage you to be addicted to the ministry of the saints

.