14.1.10

What goes around

comes around.

Last night I read Psalm 27. It's one of my favorites. I read through it and then looked at what date I had marked next to it: January 2009. Funny how God allows us to come back to something that we read a long time ago; it just goes to show how living and active the Word is.

The last part of the Psalm is what stood out to me on my most recent reading:

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

God has blessed me in such wonderful ways over the past 12 months. When I talk about blessings, keep in mind that at the time, I didn't necessarily recognize them as good things. But in January of 2009 God gave me the promise found in Psalm 27. And in January of 2010, He is reassuring me of the same truth: He is good, all the time, He is good. I know that no matter what comes my way, I'm not alone. His Spirit is here, and He leads me through valleys of sorrow to rivers of joy.

2010 is going to be exciting. Life in Peru is wrapping up in about seven months, when I will return to the States. The million dollar question that everyone is starting to ask: "What's next??" Answer: I have no idea. Absolutely no idea. Stop asking. :) All I know is that I'll go wherever Christ tells me to go. (For those of you who want a more concrete answer, here is what is floating around in my head: Enrolling in a program for teachers of english as a second language [fairly desirable], grad school of some kind [not that desirable], working in the States at a low end job because I have no other option [this is my least favorite, by the way], coming back to South America for work/ministry purposes [this is my favorite, but who knows].)

Pray with me that my time here is fruitful. That I bear fruit. That God gets the glory in everything. That the life that I've planted here is left with roots founded in Christ, so that others see Him in me.

I do hope your new year has started out beautifully, and that whatever comes your way, you rejoice that God is in control, and that He is good.

Random: I have recently discovered some new music (new to me, at least). Check out Lindsey Kane and Ryan Delmore. Both are incredible musicians.

No comments:

.