17.8.10

A Metaphor.

I went to the wedding of two beautiful friends on Saturday: Lindsay and Noah had a worship service to celebrate their union. It was lovely.

A wedding is something God rejoices over because He created love. When two people commit to serve God together for the rest of their lives, the Son is glorified. The Father is glorified. The Spirit is glorified.

I was humbled to witness two people I deeply respect profess their love for Christ and for each other. As I sat and watched and worshipped with them, a thought came to mind that I've been wanting to write about for some time:

Christ runs after His people::

I want to be run after::

Pursued.

I'm pursued by Christ and I deserve to be pursued by a Godly man someday, just like I imagine Noah went after Lindsay; He went after her, he wanted to be wherever she was.

Ponder this:

Noah and Lindsay's wedding is a metaphor for the marriage of Christ and His people. Noah's pursuit of Lindsay is a metaphor for Christ pursuing each one of us.

Metaphors are intriguing things. You find them throughout life, sometimes screaming at you, sometimes hiding from you until you, having garnered more wisdom, unearth them.

This has happened to me. The unearthing.

I'm still digging them up, but they're mine to dig. I know others before me might have already discovered this particular metaphor; in my case, understanding has come.

No comments:

.