25.8.10

happy things.

This is a brief (or not-so-brief, whatever I feel like doing) list of things that make me happy these days. At the very least, they are attempts at making me happy.

1. Seeing my dogs and just laying with them on the floor.
2. Going on a walk and sweating so much that I detoured to an empty pool afterwards and jumped in.
3. Being blessed to have a car for a few months.
4. Visiting with old friends and telling stories and laughing a lot (or crying a lot).
5. Sitting in bookstores and reading to read.
6. Seeing old Journeyman friends. They just get it. I don't have to say much.
7. Unexpected rain showers.
8. Ray Lamontagne and David Gray live-in-concert.
9. Sitting with my sister.
10. Remembering Athens.
11. Making "The Salsa."
12. Discovering and re-discovering modern-day bards (Jon Foreman, Jorge Drexler, David Gray, Josh Ritter).
13. The late-setting sun.

1 comment:

blake and allison haas said...

14. Skyping with me. Please.

.