8.2.10

Traveling...

A quick update on this week: I'm going to be traveling to Cusco, Peru, and I'd love some prayer. Not just for me, but for a fellow Journeygirl, Ellen. I am going primarily to help out the ESL ministry there and just spend time with her. It's going to be a sweet time of encouragement for both of us (she is alone there as well). If you would pray that we can dive into the Word together and really be in prayer over our ministries, that would be much appreciated.

In addition to focusing on REAP stuff and "life stuff," we also might have the opportunity to help out in some villages near the center of Cusco. In January much of Cusco, Ayacucho, and Puno were affected by very heavy rains. Flooding occurred, bridges were washed out, and people even died. The communities have been severely damaged and the people are in need of food, clothing and a general rebuilding. Ellen and I might get to help out; my prayer is that if I do go, that the love of Christ is shown and that physical needs are met as well. Check out the link below for more info on the situation there. FYI: Machu Pichu is closed due to the floods, so if you were planning on coming down here for that, reschedule.... ;)

I love hearing from people, so shoot me an email if you'd like. I'm excited about the days ahead, and I pray you're seeing God in your lives and all around you.

http://enperublog.com/2010/01/26/emergency-declared-in-cusco-heavy-rains-flood-the-region/

No comments:

.