14.2.10

being refined.

On this Valentine's Day I am sitting in Cusco, Peru under the cloud-sprinkled sky--the kind that you know is thinking about rain, but the sun won't refuse to go away (I even learned a new word: Garua, which means "to sprinkle"). Hillsong is playing in Spanish in the background, Marta and Ellen are making a wonderful-smelling lunch, and people are partying on the streets to celebrate Carvanal (mainly with various forms of water weapons, which we managed to avoid earlier today, though I got soaked twice yesterday).

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy day, filled with blessings. How wonderful that if you are a believer is Jesus you can claim to know what true love really is. I've been reading 1 John, and God is molding and refining me through this go-round of reading such a beautiful book.

One thing I've come to terms with recently is that in this time in Peru, God is drawing me close to Him, through pain and trials, but nevertheless, closer to the Father. I see certain things He is working on in me, how He is preparing me for the future, whatever that may entail.

I'm still learning to love. I'm still learning to serve. I'm still learning to trust. I'm still learning to believe God, to be bold in faith. I'm still learning to walk well with God. And I'm still learning His love for me, though I'll never fully understand that.

The good news is this: God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish but have eternal life (John 3).

Also check out 1 John (pretty much all of it) and Isaiah 41.

All for love.

No comments:

.