17.4.09

Just because...

Hola from sunny Arequipa. It's utterly amazing how much weather affects my mood. It's warm, the sun has been out, the gorgeous snow-capped mountains are visible, and I'm a happy Peruana. :) 

Just a quick update, basically because I haven't gotten around to actually writing an email update to send out....

All continues to go well here, there are about to be some major changes, though. Malea is leaving at the end of May, and God is bringing at least two (maybe three) summer M's to me. Pray that Malea's transition goes well as she leaves; also lift up the newbies coming. 

Another important prayer request: There was a bridge collapse in Coracora, a small town north of Arequipa. 2 teachers were killed, as were 6 or 7 school children. That is a town that my team has down work in, and we currently have people there ministering. Pray that the people there affected by this tragedy are open to hearing why they can hope in life eternal. 

God is good, isn't He? I continue to face challenges, but He reminds me that everything will be fine. It's been good to be surrounded by friends, Americans and Peruvians alike. I'm trying to stay busy and find other opportunities to minister. 

Right before Easter I took a day vaca to the beach, perhaps one of my favorite places in the world. It was glorious because no one was there, the weather was great, and I was able to have great communion with the Lord. Easter came and went, but not without great fellowship and remembrance of Christ on the Cross. Praise the Father that the Son is alive. That's just beyond words for me. 

I spent Easter dinner with American friends and Peruvian friends, and we did it up right. We had all kinds of yummy food, and I made my mom's Mac and cheese casserole dish. My pastor, Ephrain, tried Jello salad for the first time and made a priceless "ick" face. :) 

I do pray that you guys are well and communing with the Father. Pray that I continue to do so. Be blessed, and until next time, much love. 

Look for a newsletter update soon!

No comments:

.