15.10.08

One day to go.

I've been home from Richmond now for almost two weeks. I leave for Peru tomorrow. My head is in Peru, my body in Georgia, and my heart torn between family and friends who are now scattered throughout the world. I can't wait for some stability as I get settled in my new home. 

Being at home has been a bit strange. It's continued this feeling of transition. Praise the Lord, though, for good times spent with family. It is a blessing to have such a family as I have. My friends have also been wonderful during this time--I've felt so loved. My heart is truly full because of the love of Christ that I've seen and felt in the people who surround me. So to all of you, thank you so very much. 

I don't have words to describe what I'm feeling right now. As I sit here trying somehow to avoid finish packing, I keep remembering how this is one moment in time in which the Lord has been preparing me for 22 years. More moments in time will come just like this one, all involving change. Just because I might feel a little nervous about this change, I trust that He has given me everything I need to accomplish the task. And here is the task: To be with Him every day and to make Him known among people who don't know the Truth. I am expecting that God is going to do great things. He will keep me in the palm of His hand. 

No comments:

.