16.5.11

For My Sister, On Graduation

Today, sitting on the other side of the stage was surreal. I forgot about the excitement you must feel over completing this phase of your life.

It was only three years ago for me; I now claim no knowledge as my own. I only claim Jesus and what He has imparted to me.

Here is what I want to tell you:

Dream big for His Glory--knowing He may humble you.

Make plans for His Glory--knowing that He may have another, better plan.

Take risks for His Glory--risking it all for the name of Jesus.

Make mistakes, not because we are "allowed" to, but because it is inevitable--and know that He redeems them.

Live hard and passionately for His Glory, willingly spending yourself for Him.

Go boldly into the world for His Glory--knowing that He aims to use you for His Kingdom work, so that all people will know His name.

In the midst of commencing something new and celebrating something finished, I think we are whirled into fallacies that our culture deems acceptable. But, I have to say this:

Life is hard. Life is beautiful, but it's just plain hard. You can't "have it all" ("it" being whatever our society defines as "all"). I don't think any of us really want it all, anyway.

God makes life joyful, hopeful. He gives us everything in His Son Jesus, and we get to live and rest and play and do life all because of this abundant, abiding ability we've been given. Trials come, but Jesus is there--He never leaves. He has overcome the world.

Keep dreaming, daring, adventuring, risking. But don't lose sight of the One who gives you the capacity to do this.

From Jesus Calling:

Thank Me in the midst of the crucible. When things seems all wrong, look for growth opportunities. Especially, look for areas where you need to let go, leaving your cares in My able hands. Do you trust Me to orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to make things go according to your will? If you keep trying to carry out your intentions while I am leading you in another direction, you deify your desires.

Be on the lookout for what I am doing in your life. Worship Me by living close to Me, thanking me in all circumstances.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. -Deut. 28:1-2

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
-1 Pet 5:6-7

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. -1 Thess. 5:18

No comments:

.