6.5.10

Garden.

There's this song I like right now called "Garden" by Matt Maher. The main theme is that God is "making our heart a garden" like the Garden of Eden before the fall, where Adam and Eve walked and talked with God.

I like this idea of believer's hearts being a garden in which we commune with the Lord; however, I started to think a little more and found other imagery in the song. This idea of weeding and pruning and stirring up dirt and removing dead things ought to be profound for Christians. It is profound for me, at least. The gardener (God) fixes me up by taking the bad stuff out and planting things that are better--stuff like new flowers, healthy bulbs. They grow up out of this dirt that was sifted around--fallow ground moved about to make it a place where good things can grow beautiful.

I think that is what I need to stop and ponder in this time: My heart as a garden. There might be some weeds and other junk that need to come out. I'm being pruned right now (see John 15).

But the good news is that I have a good Gardener who has my best interest in mind. He might stir up the soil and jerk up some bad weeds, but He'll replace those things with new, good things. He knows what needs to be in there, and He does it according to His good timing in each season.

1 comment:

cosas del mar said...

So crazy, this is the verse the Father gave me for this spring! Hosea 10:12

Love you, friend!

.