9.8.09

is it ever gonna be the same?

I’ve been thinking about blogging for some time now, and at the request of my mom, here it goes...

First, happy August. Peruvian winter is almost done, Praise God. The other day the weather changed dramatically for a few days: It got windy, cold and it started misting. I’ll include a photo of the volcanoes, which quickly became covered in snow. It was a dramatic weather change, but worth it to see the mountains blanketed in snow.


The last couple of months have been defined by sporadic busyness, ministry changes, and lots of visitors to “Hotel Sarah.” Since Stacey and Nathaniel were here, we had a lot of schedule changes, as well as new opportunities in ministry. It was good to have them here, but now that they’re gone, things will look significantly different since I can’t do the work of three people. There is a girl coming in September for a few months to help with ministry; be in prayer for her as she prepares to come.

In June and July, I had at least 24 people come through Arequipa to visit/rest. As summer missionaries are traveling throughout villages in Peru, they will sometimes come through the big cities, and I have the privilege of hosting them in AQP. Having people stay/visit my home really has become a ministry in itself, and while it can be tiring, God has taught me so much through it. I’ve learned what it is to just give without expectation, and how sweet it is to receive unexpected blessings in return!

I’ve had the opportunity to travel a good amount: I went to Lima again for the end of summer transition time (work related, but I also had a BLAST with some friends there), and in June, I got to go to Nazca in central Peru, also for work. We had a lot of meetings, but I did get to sandboard, which was one of the best things I’ve ever done. To be honest, traveling around has been tiring, so I’m excited to have a break until October, which will be the Europe adventure (Madrid and Lisbon!!).

In July, I got to go back to the States for a quick visit. It was good, but it was great to return to my current home country. God continues to use that trip to show me a lot about my relationship with Him. While it was good to hug my parents, spend time with my sisters and friends, eat good food, and reunite with my dogs, the Lord showed me what I really ought to be doing when I’m desperate, when I’m at the end of my rope: Go to Him. He is the only one that will satisfy, after all. Man, Jesus is good even when I turn away and seek out other things or people. Please pray for me during this time, that I will just be loved on by Christ and realize that He truly is all I need.

On a less serious note, some highlights from the States:
1. listening to rainshowers on my deck
2. sweet tea
3. thanksgiving food in july
4. getting a tan, going out on a boat
5. Athens fun, going to my fave places
6. driving
7. going to the grocery store and seeing food I can’t buy in Peru
8. laying on my fluffy, pillow-like puppies☺
9. sitting with people who know me…and knowing who your real friends are (a very valuable realization)
10. humidity (never thought I’d say that)

I thank y’all very much for keeping up with me. I’ve now worked for the Company for a year now; I’ll be back in GA next August, tentatively. PLEASE, PLEASE lift up the work here in the meantime. Because I’m going through some personal challenges, I’m feeling very un-motivated to work and to serve. I’m asking for your help; I don’t love asking for help, but if I’m going to make it over the next year, prayer will have to be huge. I want to be purposeful, I want to remember why I’m here, and above all, I want to be a vessel for Christ and see Him glorified.

...more to come as thoughts float around in my head...i'm trying to pull them all together...

No comments:

.