7.2.09

As if blogging might not be narcissistic enough...

I did this "25 Things"  deal on Facebook, which has apparently become increasingly popular. In an effort to indulge this narcissistic fad, here is my list on the blog. Following the list, I've posted a link to an incredibly funny story about it from TIME Magazine. Check it out.

25 things, just because. 
1. In “The Sound of Music,” I will sometimes fast forward to the gazebo scene with Captain Von Trapp and Maria confessing their love. I love this part.
2. I can’t bake, but I like to think I can cook. I make messes when I cook, it’s therapeutic for me…
3. I like using periods when typing.................................
4. I have no idea what I’m doing tomorrow, much less in a year or two. Waiting on God to tell me.
5. I am really really really afraid of thunder and lightning.
6. I have been told I’m a networker (Caro ☺). Really, I just love being surrounded by the people I love. 
7. I love to sing and have a secret (not-so-secret anymore) desire to be a backup singer in a band.
8. When I was little, I wanted to be a meteorologist, an Olympic swimmer, the President, a lawyer…I finally settled on teaching somewhere along the way. Now I hang out with people/teach in Peru. And I still like the weather, swimming, watching Letterman make fun of whatever President we have at the time, and being right. 
9. I have an orange tank top (more like coral-ish) that earned me the name “ray of sunshine.” Let’s just say I’m not a morning person. CT and Sara found that out the hard way (Rule 1: Don’t jump on me while I’m sleeping). Also, I will never forget Dossy and Steph whispering “Sarah Bond Junco….” for fear of "waking the beast." 
10. I love milk. Love love love it. I’m convinced I can complete the gallon challenge, though everyone tells me I can’t…one day. 
11. I love a good hug, especially a reuniting hug.
12. I want to go to Russia. 
13. I want to go everywhere. Especially a road trip around the U.S. 
14. There is absolutely nothing like a good sunset. 
15. I wish I could do a lot of things better than I can, but am learning that God has gifted me with everything He wanted to give me, and that is enough.
16. Back scratches are my favorite. Good stories are a close second. Back scratches during a good story…I’m golden.
17. I’ve got my dad wrapped around my finger, but I fear him as well…a nice balance. My mother and I are more similar than I think. ☺
18. My jaw clicks really loudly sometimes and I’ve even gotten it stuck. 
19. Cristina and Kathryn can never get rid of me. I’ve realized after being in Peru, even for such a short time, that I will always, always need them—they’re the link back to memories, back to youth (good and not-so-good), back to when life was nothing complicated.
20. Crafting words=favorite Outlet 1. Reading=relaxation Outlet 2. Painting=creative Outlet 3. Good photos=I wish I could take better ones Outlet 4. Wishing I had money to take a pottery class=potential Outlet 5.
21. Unfortunately, I enjoy keeping up with the more shallow doings of the world, ie. Hollywood junk. The upside: If you ever need to know who just broke up with whom, ask me. 
22. I used to have a really good memory; I feel like it’s starting to go downhill. The first sign of old age. ☹
23. Athens coffee with Athens people is always best. Frisbee in the park is the cherry on top.
24. Some of my best memories involve spooning—the closeness of girlfriends and just hanging out, being silly. Roomie Love and dancing with JG is irreplaceable ("Here we go again...") 
25. I’m realizing that this life is really short. I was going to say too short, but I am also recognizing more every day that nothing is better than walking with God on the way to meet Him and His Son in Paradise. To end the randomness of all this: Life isn’t random. That’s cool. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) going to russia to see a certain person in particular? uchem...

2) when we get back to the US I say you, me, susan, chris, and someone else go on a road trip around the states!!

3) there must be many good sunsets (and oceans) involved in this road trip!

4) we're a lot more alike that I thought.

.