13.11.08

Going Home.

A year ago today my beautiful friend Kristin went home to be with our Lord Jesus Christ. Though unexpected for all those she left behind, her passing into the heavenly realm was very much expected and anticipated by God the Father, to His glory.

I vividly remember every moment of that day—every phone call, every prayer, every tear and every hug. While my heart aches for friends and family left behind, I can only thank God for making her already beautiful and joyful countenance completely perfect.

Philippians 3:20-1 says “But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body.

All I know to do today is what I did a year ago: As tears stream down my face, I lift up my hands and sing praises to God for keeping His promise that He has prepared a home for us, and that I will see Kristin again.

To those who did not have the honor of knowing Kristin, rest in the fact that she was a vibrant witness for Christ and that people saw the joy of the Lord in her. She was loved by Dan, Cindy, Jessica, Jonathan, Brooke, and so many more family members. She was utterly cherished by a wonderful man named John. She has so many meaningful friendships, and everyone was blessed by Kristin, and, ultimately, Jesus in Kristin.

To those at home who knew her: I wish I could be there with you to remember her, but know that my prayers are with you as you celebrate her life.

Watermark song lyrics that have spoken hope into many circumstances proclaim this: “Arise and be comforted, for the Lord, he is good to the weary…For the Lord, He will renew their strength…For the Lord, He is good. 

No comments:

.